Monday, March 31, 2008

FOUR - The Total Drum Geek In Me...

I know better than this. I wanted to have a blog about my cool interests so the readers (that I don't even have) will know me for the cool dude I am. "Man, he sure does have awesome interests" they would say. Since I love playing/talking/listening to/viewing drums, I decided to go to dwdrums.com and play around with their KitBuilder. I don't own any DW drums, but I recreated my setup using their site.
DRUMS - Conaway Custom in Ruby Red Acrylic (black hardware)
19 X 22 bass drum
10 X 13 tom
12 X 14 floor tom
9 X 12 tom (on right, above floor toms)
14 X 16 floor tom

SNARE DRUM
5 X 14 Grestch 100% Maple


CYMBALS - Paiste and Zildjian
15" Giant Beat Hi Hats
18" Giant Beat Multi-Purpose
24" Giant Beat Ride
20" A Custom Crash
22" A Swish Knocker

Aside getting played a few times a week when I am on my lunch break at work, these drums see little action. It's a shame, but hopefully soon they will be used more.

My other kit is a Ludwig, wrapped in Blue Oyster Pearl and from the year 1968. I use some of the same cymbals from my red kit, but sometimes opt for a 60's Zildjian New Beat Hi Hat instead of the Paiste set. Also, I typically use a Ludwig Superphonic snare purchased with the kit. All drums have keystone badges, signifying they are pre-1970s.
I also have a 6.5 X 14 amber/white swirl acrylic snare, and a Pearl aluminum snare that measures 6.5 X 13.
OK, the dorkfest is over for now.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page